What have you done today ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Dec 22, 2011.

1. vvtr

vvtr New Member

ive just got back from servicing 2 hydrovane compressors - shouldve took me about 4hrs but whoever did it last time mustve done the job with a pair of stillies and hammer n chisel.
    near enough every nut n bolt was rounded off, had to drill out all the cap heads, drill out snapped studs and retap into castings etc, fkin nightmare! :/

2. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Left at stupid o’clock yesterday morning for the long boring drag up the A1 for a meeting in Newcastle at 08:30, onto Berwick for a cuppa and chat with a friendly, not sure the blue face paint suits him mind. Then north over the border onto the M8 heading west for a meeting this morning in Greenock North West of Glasgow. Just west of Edinburgh I discover that the paperwork that should havebeen sent out on Friday for today’s meeting had not been finished and so the meeting would have been a pointless waste of everyone’s time. So, turned round at the next junction and buggered off back home the way I came. I was still fuming mad when I got home at 21:15 after a round trip of 702 miles.

There are going to be words said when I get into the office later this morning as it means I will properly have to do it all again next week.

3. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Grandsons football presentation tonight...........LIVE AND EXCLUSIVE FROM ..THE NEW YORK STADIUM!!!!

Which sadly is in Rotherham and not New York
    Hopefully he will pick up an award as he"l be major pissed off if he doesn't.

4. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

Got back from the TT this morning, went straight to demon tweeks bought oil,oil filter,k&N air filter and spark plugs.
    Gave the blade a well deserved service after the thrashing she had over the last month or so !!!

5. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Good night he won Managers player and players player so hes a happy bunny......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Took bike out for a short blast of 30 miles. Great ride, not too much traffic and it was one of those days when the bike just felt part of me. Bike just seems to get better and better the more i ride it.

Only down side was pain in my hands, work has been busy lately and my hands just feel so swollen and keep cramping. Getting older is not much fun, but the Blade does take the edge off the pain and still puts a huge smile on my face.

7. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Got up at half seven and rode to Clitheroe, met a couple of mates and went up to devils bridge for a brew, north yorks camera van was parked up about five miles short, but lots of friendly bikes and cars giving us warning of it :) , didn't have to queue for the butty van, saw two RC8's which I've now decided I like, too many blades to mention, then run down through Settle and over the top of the Dales, traffic free, lovely. Home this afternoon and the missus had steaks out for tea, it is one of those brilliant days.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

#827 Pete H, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

nice

been in work all day

9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Had the mother of all nosebleeds. What the feck is that about! Sat at the computer and Pop!, Niagra Falls. Before I could get my head over the sink the place looked like an abattoir. Thank Cliff I wasn't on the bike. Imagine that in a helmet!

10. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Oh dear think ive broke the lawn
    Had that many chemicals on it mosskiller etc, scarifier, not looking its best,so spent the day forking it and re seeding hopefully 3 weeks will see some re growth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Had to do the same thing last year Dave. Thought my missus was going to have a shit fit. But a good aeration and some hardy, shade proof seed and now its better than ever, mate. Watering every day is the best advice I can give you now.

12. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

I would be checking your BP Ken, when mine red lines, it can happen. I take it as nature’s way of saying 'Enough already '

• Like Like x 1
  13. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Will do Ken it was just full of moss like walking on a sponge...cost a small fortune and 6 weeks getting it to this stage so hopefully its on its way back to summat like !

14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Cheers David, I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Dave, I didn't take any pictures of mine but trust me mate, once I'd killed the moss and scarified it half a dozen times, honestly, it looked way worse but it bounced back really quickly. I think once the grass could actually see the sky it just went mad. Keep it wet and it'll come back to you.

#834 kpone, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  15. Si.

Si. God Like

Went to L1 for lunch with fambo and to see the tall ships, Then cleaned piper cross filter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Sprayed some weed killer (Roundup ProBiactive450), 16 litres worth when mixed. Seem to have a bit of an outbreak of sticky weed after having spent the last 2 years dealing with nettles. Then carried on trying to recover the side garden (small paddock really) from the weed and thistle infested rabbit run that it was. Am getting there slowly, reckon another 10 years and it will be half decent. Still at least I get to drive the ride on mower :D

17. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Well today I saw the wife and two girls off to Spain for 3 days :( leaving me and the lad.
    Coming back I stopped at an ATM and the guy in front had a TT t shirt on, so we got chatting about it.
    He was over for his first time this year. Nice bloke. Though he rides a Suzuki.

Yesterday I took her 3 day old 600rr for a spin, and my god it made me think about possibly dropping back to one of them from the blade.
    Also reminded me of my old one too, which was pretty damn awesome.
    Oh and while she is away, I may just take it to work. :) well I did buy her it.

18. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Serviced the r1 yesterday (ok mainly watched Dave service it) ready for the off Friday morning :)

Out with the family today, but it home, cleaned the bike and got her 100% ready for lift off, started sorting all my gear for the trip... Ended up bringing the bags in, and started laying out all the gear ready for packing, also sorted some of my clothes etc and marked up all the maps for each days route...

I'm worried though, this is SOOOO not like me!!!

I actually feel organised... Lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Finally finished off the cleaning up operation from the Scotland tour.
    That crap gets everywhere.
    Anyway, happy with the results so I thought I'd have a few shots in the sun before going off to work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Missus was stranded in Malaga due to that air traffic controllers strike.
    Was supposed to be back yesterday with our two girls.
    Hd to book another flight at a cost of £700 to get them back tonight.
    So the lad and me are sitting about waiting until the time comes to go pick them up.
    The boy is playing Minecraft while I am in the living room reliving my youth and watching The Lost Boys on Sky.
    Flight doesn't get in until midnight.