What have you done today ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Givover

Givover God Like

Thats Champion ,Thanks Colin.

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

went to the Local Panto and watched the Hoff in peter Pan. It was Epic lol

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh no you didn't!

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Oh yes he did all his songs too lol

5. dave d

dave d Elite Member

gonna nip to my parents to see my baby (no room at my house) put battery back on, up to petrol sta fill her up then back home cover her in ACF50 and park her on some planks of wood,shes on sorn so wont risk going for a spin although its a lovely day.

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Today I will mostly be sulking about having to go back to work tomorrow and spending the day with a photographer to whom English is not his first language and has submitted an entire exhibition of images at different sizes to his brief causing me to re order all the frames.

But that I can live with. What I'll struggle with is that he lives in Bolonga but isn't into bikes and thought the factory down the road from him made 'parts'.

7. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Been for a run... Might give the bike some toothbrush treatment, before the inlaws come over for some lunch.

Will generally get more and more depressed at the thought of going back to work for the moody January I have ahead together with finding out where my next project will be and if I have to stay away in the week which I'm not up for at all....

8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh yeah, I forgot lunch.

Two people from Jeanette's work coming, so four hours of conversation about people I don't know in a language of acronyms I don't understand.

Thanks for reminding me, Jimbo.

9. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Ha ha... Yep, lisas lot do that alot - so I just usually keep myself nice and quiet an slowly get leathered on my own in the corner, pretending I know what they are on about.

She doesn't have to suffer the same fate - I won't let her anywhere near my work mates!!

10. Mickey Dee

Mickey Dee Active Member

Took pictures of bike, oiled chain. Spin later if no snow.

11. Givover

Givover God Like

Well today was oil change day so heres how it went, Got the bike on the stands and then found out the bike was to close to a cabinet so had to re adjust warmed it up for said 5 minutes noting the flicker of next doors curtains and sad white face peeping out.warmed up, garage door shut lets get spome music on .Slash was the first of many cds .i have a roll of the thin plastic sheets what garages put over car seats i got mine off a ready mix driver they use them for lining the mortar tubs ,these i place under the bike to stop oil getting onto the carpet(which is just as well) So place empty tub under bike and select the correct socket and off we go opps! the socket lever is to long bugger! so after trying all ways to do it i now have to take off the side fairing which is exactly what i was avoiding so undo the two bolts and have a pull and then without removing the panel slip the lever in and with one hamfisted pull bang the fairing comes to bits quick look no damage done and now it is hanging off enough to squeeze the wrench in bingo quick adjustment of the oil container its all good err no the oil pisses out horizontal full on completley covering all the fairings ect so lucky i had the plasic cover .now to remove the oil filter yup same again oil all over the shop .Quick check oil / filter what else would i need yup a crush washer which i had forgot to buy had a look in all the cupboards and manage to find one must have been from an r1. so bolts back in bit of oil film onto the filter rubber and nearly there ,3 lts of the nice new red juice and a quick start up quick brew and then check with the stick total needed is 3.1 lts .So now its time for the fairings to go on which means crawling about on the floor trying to peep into areas you can't get your body to shape to but after a bit of pratting about all done quick wipe over and now the garage looks like a bombs hit it so more work so as i was messing i noticed that the chain was a bit slack so the usual arseing about adjustment of bolts rechecking and using a steel rule extra checking so i then give it a proper clean (although it looked ok) Muc off chain cleaner a good wipe and while i was at it i was again crawling about on the floor with nose under the exhaust trying to reach places which were impossable(must get a lift/ramp but never do) pop back up change the cd as i desend back down i catch my knee onto the metal sq bolt on the rear bike stand quick roll about on the floor and now trying to get the crud from the inner side of the rear sproket with arm through the back wheel . Give everything all over and all under a good spray of silicone so nearly there .i am now tempted to remove to front brake calipers take out the pads clean them up ect but i am not sure if there is a great benifit what do you say ?.To complete the day i will have a mass tidy up again and later we are out for an Indian which i could do without but i said prior to xmas we would meet up with my contracts manager and wife who are both good friends .so thats how today is panning out all i need to do is drop the bike and that should complete it nicely .Ps yes i did enjoy it (but not the sore knee).

• Like Like x 2
  12. blade65

blade65 Active Member

Took bike out for a short ride - didn't expect such good weather today. Went to Hein Gericke and picked up some tools in the sale. Back home now watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes with my son. Mrs working all day, so enjoying the peace!

13. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Went for a 20 bike rideout in blazing sunshine and not that cold. Ragged the arse off it 3 times on the Camber road and met Barry107 !!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Hooked a few jumps on mates KX250 to try and kill the flu, turns out the flu.one...!

15. Speedytwin

Speedytwin Active Member

Well today i took out the SP1 for a run seen as i left the fireblade in work over the christmas. Had a good run but fook was it baltic cold out only +2 over here so tried to stay off the main roads where speeds where a bit slower and had a bit of shelter from the wind. But i thank and bike with a ram air system should be out in this weather. Clear crisp and cold. I know the V-twin loves it..
    When i got home i dropped my phone but its ok didnt brake but did give me an idea to get this shot.
    [​IMG]

16. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

waited til 10am to go out for a blast.Went and put 60miles on the clock.F*cking hell that was bloody cold!I had thermals etc on and it still ripped through me.Got home and looked at the state of the bike.It took me an nearly 2 hrs to clean it.Never again am I going out on it when it's still wet and cold brrrrrr! Then spent the afternoon at the Gills again freezing my b*llocks off at least they won 1-nil.

17. Givover

Givover God Like

Well today is the last day and back to work Wednesday (very boring ) Got up about 10am had some breakfast took the dog out then got the steps out and removed the outside xmas lights off the small tree took them into the garage cleaned them tested them and bagged them up for next year.Then removed all the items out of the fridge and give it a good clean and wizzed a few half opened things away took all the unused wine and the like into the garage and then set about making some soup to try out my new blender .As you would expect this had to be over the top so the following were roasted Red peppers / parsnips/ butternut squash/onions and the following went into the pressure cooker .Sweet potatoes/ sprouts/carrotts/leeks/ barley/ once cooked devided evenly and after making some vegetable stock with oxo's i spooned abit at a time into the blender and stood back 2 ft and with a long arm pressed the start key no need to worry it just did its thing .Only trouble now is that i have made so much i had to mug to asda and buy some containers so i can freeze the bloody stuff so i will have a bowl tonight for tea and take a bowl to sunny Wakefield tomorrow for dinner then i will leave it alone and perhaps check google for some recipes. Just been into the loft and stored all the xmas crap the wifes collects year in year out and now looking forward to Manchester City giving the scousers a good hiding .then game over into the pit for that poxy 5.50 am alarm call and this starts another year of bullshit .

18. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

chain clean this morning then fresh wax on - tyres pumped, bike cleaned, out for a burn. Nice bright sunshine down on the south coast earlier :)

19. Givover

Givover God Like

Well after maybe 2 hours of walking around the house peeping through the windows every five minutes (Checking for the forthcoming heatwave) i decided top get on with it and got my clobber on and was soon whisking down the motorway to join my favorite road then a good hour plus run to Demon Tweeks in Wrexham (Wales) good fast run with the added cocktail of high winds and some damp patches i feel sometimes a good wind in the right direction helps you blast around a good corner if its coming at you front on .only saw 2 bikes out and they had cops on them which seems to early in the year for that i give them the bikers nod of which there was no response and got on with the task in hand .A couple of things have changed even since my last run over xmas and dudes take note first Farmers are now in and out of the fields and spreading shit all over the road and riding about in the biggest tractors they can buy, no 2 Crows and plenty of them suckers mopping up all the roadkill problem here is they fly off in different directions normally at head height and no 3 the old classic this time of year Phesants these dudes are poncing about in the road or just in the hedge ready for take off so keep your wits about you!. Got to Tweeks a little cold but enjoyed it ,a quick look in the clothing dept and i spied two items of interest one being a pair of Alpinestars Supertect boots black white with some rossi coloured yellow bits £340.00 nice and a race suit Alpinestars Carver same colours so both nice but i can't decide if they are over the top (even for me!) so i would like you to go onto the web site and let me know plz. Made it out without parting with any cash took a slightly different route to get back on to my main drag and bad choice the lanes were covered in shit and local rednecks were flying about on Quads with loads of old pricks stood next to range rovers looking into the fields so either there was a hunt on and iam thinking anytime now a pack of hounds are going to come bolting through a gate and knock me off or perhaps something to do with chasing around on quads seeing were the phesant has landed but very boring when all you want to do is clear off ,quick stop for some of that old Fossil juice and a good quick ride back which again was enjoyed .The bike seemed to be a little quicker i have adjusted the chain ,put in new F/s oil and of course the weather was cold so is it me dreaming or are any of these factors making the bike sharper (performance wise?)

• Like Like x 1
  20. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Spent the day in the garage, fitting new fork seals to my mates blade while he was away to Amsterdam getting trollied.
    Also added gold rim stickers to my wheels. Then gave the garage a good clean up. All in all a good day in the man cave.

• Like Like x 1