What have you done today ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Dec 22, 2011.

1. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Nothing on my bike. Made a mild steel underbrace for welding to a mates FZR600 swingarm;
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Funny how we end up doing the jobs for others ain't it :)

3. megawatt

Yeah this is part of my business plan. Doing jobs for other skint people at cost price, just to get some good publicity on the forums. As usual , haven't had time to work on my bike.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Givover

Givover God Like

Had a trip into the garage thinking there may be some farmers shit stuck undar the bike ,However considering the run i had the bike was near spotless so i got it on the standsand give it a good wipe over with wonder wipes then a dry cloth and then a good spray of silicone .I like to get right under the bike even wiping down the exhaust and the rear spring support metalwork only takes a few minutes but i get piece of mind and a mint bike. I then checked the usual bolts and noted that a couple on the Yoshi needed a small nip up along with a couple on the brake levers no big shakes but nice to keep an eye out for .Then came in and Roasted some veg added some Garlic and a little ginger (Not Ken) and made some soup of once blended will go into the freezer so i can take to work. Then watched My beloved Manchester City getting robbed of the game by the Ref (Utd fan) sending off our captain in the first fifteen mins Gutted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. KRL

KRL Active Member

Well yesterday actually, rode me Blade 150ml round trip to meet a mate on my brothers HRC cause he couldnae make it. Bliddy windy but at the end of the day I swapped the black n white for the HRC as my bro is getting the brand new blade next week and the blk/white is getting traded for it cause I have always liked the red/white/blue HRC better (it's a football team thing) riding in January in the wind and cold is something I have not done for a long time - brrrrrr.

Cheerio and hello to the best most usable litre bike on the market!

6. rocket

rocket Active Member

well today i have turned this
    [​IMG]

into this
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Givover

Givover God Like

Are you undertaking a full refurb? Looks like a good day spent .

8. Carlosoul

Carlosoul Active Member

Would be good to see some pics of the HRC when you get it, I got one last summer and love it, it was a toss up between the HRC and TT Legends livery but love the HRC more now.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Villan

Villan Active Member

Fitted R & G tailtidy and removed the pillion pegs.

F@ckin awful Job that was!...the tailtidy was ok....but the pegs, what a pain in the ar@e!

10. Givover

Givover God Like

You deserve a medal .I chickened out and got Hunts to do it (FOC) Top shop is Hunts, well recommended.

• Like Like x 1
  11. exfire

exfire Elite Member

@Villan, I want to take mine off, what is it that makes it a pain ?

12. Villan

Villan Active Member

The rear cowl is a pain to get back on. Nothing is exactly difficult, it's just a fiddly job.
    I'm not very good with tools lol, but if your average or better with sockets and spanners you will prob find it a piece of .....
    There is a good thread on here that I followed.

And it does look good so it's worth effort :)

13. rocket

rocket Active Member

its getting a general tidy up and frame, swing arm repaint or powdered but don,t want it minty mint as done that with 2 350lcs few years ago and found that i wouldnt use them as they were so clean(if that makes sense). it needs to be a runaround bike too. its been stored uncovered in a garage for about 8 years before i got it so thick with grime everywhere.

14. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Took the bike out for a little blast on one of my favourite roads today, chilly but dry. Some idots tried to get as close to my rear tyre as possible in their silly jazzed up car, couldn't resist waving goodbye to them.

Then a strange thing happened, guy in a truck pulled out across the road in front of me, then proceeded to keep braking hard for no obvious reason other than to be a pain in the arse. he pulled into the same petrol station as me and then said what a nice bike I had. I went in to pay and saw him gazing at the rear of the bike as though he was trying to memorise the reg.

He looked really wierd, it was not like the 'normal' bike admiration you get. Think I will be keeping an extra guard on the bike shed.Have jotted down the name on his truck just in case ;)

15. blade65

blade65 Active Member

Did 100 miles on the bike today, incorporating at trip to KMC where Clive (for those who know him) fitted the banjo brake pressure switch (due to R and G rearset installation). I also had a R and G engine slider fitted while I was there. Clive allowed me into the garage area so I was able to watch him work. I learnt how to bleed the brakes and how to make proper electrical connections using a soldering iron and shrink tubing. Booked the bike in for it's first service for this Wednesday.

What a sad git like me would call a fantastic day!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

99.9% of us are sad gits then mate!
    Glad you got sorted - did you head the way I showed ya?

Been to head office today for work, now at home getting ready for the next three days in Oxford, back in hq Friday which will be my routine for the next three months.

F*cking brilliant!

17. blade65

blade65 Active Member

No mate, I thought about it but soon realised I couldn't remember that route. I ended up going the boring route, but still enjoyed it. I may take a ride to Rye and Camber tomorrow as I need to clock up another 120 miles before the service on Wednesday.

I still have 2 more days off, then 2 at work before 3 more off. If the weather holds I should get some miles under my belt during the next week.

Shame you're not off I could have shown how to really reach optimum speed along the Camber bends. Ha-ha!

18. megawatt

You talk a good ride mate!:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Get out and ride mate, can't beat this weather for it!! Do the rest in a day... Head that way, do camber and then rye and Hastings then back to headcorn on the a28 good ride that...

Gutted I'm at work, would have been up for some camber action

20. Givover

Givover God Like

Spent over 2 hours doing a fresh take off of materials inc 20 lintols that have been nicked boring!