What have you done today ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Dec 22, 2011.

1. KRL

KRL Active Member

Fitted the double bubble to the HRC and then the HRC r4im stickers to the gold wheels and alloy dust caps. So wanting a carbon exhaust sleeve now to compliment it!

2. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Pics!!????

3. KRL

KRL Active Member

Soon - wen I can get it out the garage

4. bladebhoy

bladebhoy Active Member

out on the bike today done around 30 miles, dry roads not too cold great.

5. JD

JD Active Member

First ride of 2012 Jan 11th with Ben copy copy.jpg
    First ride of 2012. Having been grounded by a poxy lung infection for over three weeks, finally felt well enough to get out on the bike, and what a day to do it. Glorious, feel rejuvenated!

• Like Like x 3
  6. blade65

blade65 Active Member

Took the bike in for it's first service this morning. On the way home did the lanes and had some fun. The weather couldn't have been any better, loved every minute of it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. JD

JD Active Member

Have to hook up when you're free for a ride mate, now I'm hopefully back in the land of the living lol.

JD

8. blade65

blade65 Active Member

I'm up for that - I now realise that you live near to Bluewater which is only 10 - 15 mins from me so should be easy to sort out.

9. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Welcome back matey!! Glad your better...

Don't forget me if you and mick head out... Soo jealous you two have been out today. Looks lovely out...

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Been locked in a windowless room lit by daylight corrected fixings missing the real thing.

11. JD

JD Active Member

Cheers mate, I saw your previous post that you were working all week so didn't contact you, but goes without saying I'll drop you a text when heading out. All the time there's no salt on the road I'm happy enough ;)

JD

12. blade65

blade65 Active Member

Jimbo,

I'm off on Sunday so up for a ride then (weather permitting). I'm also off tomorrow now so may go out again then if anyone's about...............

13. Givover

Givover God Like

Well ,this is quite strange for me .I am currently doing a fitout project at Event City next to the Trafford Centre Manchester and i have been here for 6 weeks. Today is the set up day for The Manchester Bike Show and they have rented 3 Halls so will be quite big. Its perhaps somewere where i would not come to as i am bored with Bike Shows (NEC) however all i have to do is leave my office walk across a hall and can mooch about all day .I think there is a classic show /Sports /Clothes and whatever else, so for me today at work is a good day.

14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Any chance of you striding around, looking official saying things like

'That Ducati 1199 contravenes the Health & Safety requirements of this building. Therefore I will have to confiscate it'?

15. Givover

Givover God Like

Yes thats the spirit and hows your day going Ken .Opp's got to go was that a Fireblade? (Snigger)

16. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I've just been to Exeter college to reconfirm Darwin's theory of evolution and how it doesn't apply to the halls of Academe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Givover

Givover God Like

Not to much ,Got up Sqeezed the new leathers on ,At first i thought they were just a tad tight but once on the bike they are great and i am glad i did not swop them for the next size up Supertech R boots are the best thing ever (Thanks to all jockeys who give the thumbs up) just like slippers.Gloves also excellent .Anyhow had a run out from 9 .30 went down to Shrewsbury stopping off at the Raven Cafe for a Bacon on toast which was nice .Roads still dodgy (or my tyres Bt015) which have only days left as i came around a roundabout swung to overtake a car 40mph and as i then came back in over the white line had quite a big spin up and a step out which righted itself stright away but this is the second time in two runs i had done about 15 brisk miles so the line must have been damp but yet again a quick wake up call daft thing is i have been out and about over the years on GSXR 1000 /ZX10S ect but seem to have avoided this distraction anyhow not many bikes out so got back give the bike my van and Elaines car a good wash and dry had lunch took the dog out chasing Rabbitts which always get away then watched the footie results and watched a couple of the sounds of the sixties which i recorded (manly to see the knobs dancing) which is quite amusing (Keep looking out for a young Ken) Now quick bath and make some salad for tea.

18. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Went out for a ride with Jo (my wife), popped into laguna's in Maidstone and met up with a few pals then onto KMC's and met sideways :) Just ordered a curry, few beers and an early night ready for tomorrow's ride out

19. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Went out today for a proper blast as the weather was fantastic. Ended up doing just over 100 miles on the bike.
    It's the first time this year that I could actually feel the bike biting into the tarmac, and gripping into the corners. Stopped off at Moffat for a breather, where there was more than a few bikers. Headed back home to a nice Chinese takeaway and a bottle of wine :)

20. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Dave and Jo?

Am I getting déjà vu again?