What have you done today ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Dec 22, 2011.

1. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Well yesterday and today really pulled the pond out of the back garden (been saying I will do it for 4 years!) now the kids won't drown but the may fall in the giant hole that's left! Why do I have these ideas?

#1581 martinowen, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Did a 40 mile sportive on the treader. Took a nat's nadger over 3 hours, had been hoping for 2:44, but I got cramp in my right leg with about 7 miles to go, and then the left decided it would like to join in with about 3 miles left, queue me lying on the side of the road cursing a lot :( Did manage a top speed of 34.6 MPH, admittedly downhill though as I tried to get enough momentum to go up a hill with minimal peddling; was probably what caused the left leg to give me grief.

I would say never again but I have another in Grantham at the start of June, 50 miles this time so it is going to be character building :eek:

3. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Up in the lakes near Ullswater for the week. Nice and relaxing but no bike and no phone signal are testing my willpower. Old school zen relaxing....

4. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Friend wanted me to ride back a Fazer 1000 back from Birmingham to Fareham that he had bought,good fun pinned it all the way home not below a ton, however set up for weight of 15 to 16 stone I a about 11.5 so felt like I was riding up in the clouds!
    Liked the upright bike but not for a few years yet!
    Can't wait to get on the blade again.

5. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Actually commuted to work on the bike :eek: Boring and steady ride as was bedding in the new tyres, bearings, chain and sprockets, but by god it was good to be back on the blade.

6. rich918

rich918 New Member

finish sorting the garage out , got the gsxr up and running , just the yzf to get running

7. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

Took the bike out for an hour. Was a little too much traffic about, but still had fun. And I can still fit in my leathers, Yayyyy!

8. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Almost shít myself when riding home this afternoon. Felt something in my helmet near my, thought it was a thread so blew it away from my mouth. I then caught a glimpse of something on the aperature edge by the visor and when I looked down I saw one of these :eek:

wasp-notes-and-queries-001.jpg

Luckily I managed to open the visor and get it out before it stung me.

9. Muffking

Muffking God Like

You were lucky. I did an off road experience day and a bee flew in some fellas mouth and stung him. The whole side of face swelled up, looked like he'd just been hit in the face by mike tyson :eek:

10. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Went for a wee spin then popped into my mates place. Took pic of blade beside his immaculate R1.

image.jpg

Bought a new lens for my camera, and got the first official TT iphone case in black.
    Well, it comes on Monday. Looks smart tho.

11. Clarkey

Clarkey Member

As I went out on my blade yesterday I wouldn't get a pass for today so it's a relaxing day with the wife to keep her happy then settle down to watch moto gp and wsb

12. Si.

Si. God Like

Had a fork refresh and fork oil change and a new tyre fitted. Way better now, the dude used this (10w):

0d7d34cb-spacer.gif 01-400-0182-0_i_01__56933_zoom.jpg

Don't know if its the new tyre or refresh on the forks, but is riding sweet now.

13. Julian

Julian Active Member

Had my clock face changed under warranty, had to ride around on a nc700 in the meantime :rolleyes: ...had a pair of Dunlop sportsmart2's fitted came home at an easy pace to get them a little scrubbed, washed the remains of a pterodactyl of my fairing, tucked her up in the garage on her new Honda mat

14. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Followed one of these for a bit listening to it razz off from every set of lights and a nice bit of a bark as he stopped every 250 yards.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Really nice cars those.
    Seen my first 1 a few months ago and the guy slowed down to let me get a better look. The poser :)

16. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Been working in Scotland this week, but spent half the day today touring on my down to my next job. Anyone recognise where this was taken ;)
    Just a quick hint, last time there was a few us there and there was much more snow.
    [​IMG]

Been checking out the Whisky haunts along the way.
    [​IMG]

I could seriously fill my boots here, but christ all mighty some of it's dear!
    [​IMG]

But at least they cater for they more important travelling clients.
    [​IMG]

Sometimes i really love my job and the've even shelled out on some quality accommodation for me too :)
    [​IMG]

#1596 Muffking, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

One of the benefits of travelling to a 3rd world country is that your money goes further ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I suppose i should make the most of it as in a couple of years i may need to take my passport, apply for a visa, cross a toll for British people and take the right currency :p

Forgot to add, got passed on the M8 by a lovely RR5 sporting the Rothmans scheme.

19. Givover

Givover God Like

Yup great memories dude ...just dried out lol.

20. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

today I have done little other than working.

Last night caught up with a very old friend who is not a Bush pilot in Indonesia. Back home for a few weeks. Was great to catch up have a meal and a few beers. He's home for a minor operation which is going ahead today so fingers crossed from me that is does not turn out to need a bigger op.

always good to catch up with old friends