What is the motorcycle industry going to do

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kevin1, Nov 13, 2018.

1. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

21 Again or for the third time? :D

2. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Busted :oops:

:D

3. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

What is the industry going to do ?

Probably going to sell lecky bikes to the robots that will replace us all - some lunatic politicians making plans for it right now :D

4. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

You'd think now we are seeing less sportsbikes and more safer retros/naked/adventure bikes that more people would be biking. Doesn't seem that way though does it.

Mum's are to blame if you ask me. Poisoning kids minds.

5. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

On the subject of motorcycles - Mums poison the well early in life and then wives sow salt for the duration of your adult life. The thing is mums do it for love, wives do it for spite

#25 Boothman, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Insane isn't it. We're only here once, got to make your own choices and do what makes you happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

In May of this year, both myself and my son did a tour of Spain on our bikes. TBH it must've been my wife's worst nightmare for 14 days.

8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Wow! And people ask if I have issues!:D (Not disagreeing with you though;))

I must add that my mum, at 90-years-of-age STILL says to me: be careful on that bike of yours.

I haven't the heart to tell her that I have seven of the damn things and get up to all sorts of tarmac mischief almost bordering on anti-social behaviour:D:D!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

The whole discussion is acedemic to us peeps IMO.

As the lawmakers continue to pursue their push towards zero emission vehicles, ie battery, the whole ethos of what riding a bike feels like and means will change forever.

Fortunately for most of us by the time this comes to fruition we will either be too old or dead to care.

If the lawmakers reach their end goal of totally autonomous vehicles, then 2 wheeled transport is consigned to the history bin, and the manufacturers will need new designs if they want to stay in business, which is an answer we do not know, let alone what legislation will allow individuals to drive or ride.

So as far as I see, who gives a flying f**k about the motorcycle industries issues in 30/40/50 years time, just enjoy what we have whilst we have it. I personally feel I have seen the best of it in my lifeltime and it’s on a downward curve now, so we’ve been lucky to be able to blast around in the 70s, 80s, 90s with very little control over us, but it’s all coming to an end, so enjoy what’s left whilst you can.

And before anyone asks, yes I have walked into a pile of s**t at work today, and the rest of the day looks like a rehearsal for bikings future.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I do agree with you on this @Kentblade ;).

I think there have already been various attempts by some parliamentary members to actually 'ban' the use of motorcycles/scooters within the London area - said to be due to the epidemic of motorcycle/scooter crime and thefts. I think other do-gooders want to be rid of bikes altogether!

11. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

...but to what end? Why does it affect people so? My day to day biking exploits have no or at least very little affect on others lives. Ok, maybe from time to time I pass someone in their car or maybe even loft the front wheel when overtaking (can't fecking help it on the MT10!) but why are people concerned about us bikers.
    My Mam was vehemently opposed to my riding a bike when growing up as my Dad had a few offs (none of which were his doing, but for some myopic twats) and the wife doesn't exactly LIKE me riding but she knows it's ME! It's part of my genetic make up and its in my blood.
    Like the TT racers out there etc, if anything happens to me when riding, then I went doing what I enjoyed. Ok, maybe its a bit of a selfish attitude but there's not a feeling like it anywhere else.

• Like Like x 1