What new exhaust for a new blade?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Remal, Mar 20, 2011.

1. rougharse

rougharse Active Member

The other plus to the V3 is that it doesn't stick out beyond the rear sets. This will obviously help protect it if the worst should happen.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jap_STi_3

Jap_STi_3 Member

Still looking at the two Akers & the Yoshi. Daft question but will the bike need re-mapping if I just add the slip on? The 675 did hence asking. Second question is it a big job to get it remapped?

3. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Mine ran fine with out remap Akrapovic do a lot of r and d, it is smother with remap but only slightly obviously you would need a pcv currently £260 from sportsbikeshop.com for the 2012/13 model

I have put the custom map from my 2010 bike on the 2012 and it seems good, I will take it for a run on the Dyno to see if it needs minor tweeking but if you go down the route of the non eu (non cat) slip on you are welcome to use my custom map which will save a few £ .. A custom map costs about £150

#283 Jamiestrada, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Jap_STi_3

Jap_STi_3 Member

Cheers Jamie I'll keep you posted on which way I'm going to go.

5. Dorsetdave

Dorsetdave Active Member

What about a Termigoni, mine has a cat and valve so no need for a PC or remap. The bike goes a wee bit quicker and sounds awesome, not too loud but a deeper tone IMG_1357.jpg IMG_1358.jpg IMG_1359.jpg IMG_1356.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

there is some slip on , long , like race fit , but street legal?

7. wurzel

wurzel Active Member

Whats that dimply tape stuff on your frame dave . Is it stompgrip that you cut out or can it be bought cos my boots are rubbing the frame right there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I'm going to give this a whirl

[​IMG]

Full titanium BSB its soooooo light !

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dorsetdave

Dorsetdave Active Member

10. porcpen

porcpen New Member

Jamz,
    Did you need to tune the bike after fitting this can?
    Cheers

11. Andrewzzz

Andrewzzz Active Member

Acrapovic or Yoshimura!! Full system!
    Don't worry about warranty, I confirmed with Honda UK if fitting PCV or exhaust system will void warranty and they said it will not void warranty. Few Honda dealers I called said the same thing, obviously if you fit a system and run it without proper fueling like PCV+custom map - they can tell you to do one as it was YOUR fault that you did crap mod and damaged it because your did not read the manual attached with your exhaust which was saying "PCV or other is required to adjust fueling". :)

12. ScottieDog

ScottieDog Active Member

I love my Yoshimura R77. It sounds the nuts! Haven't bothered with a Power Commander either, because I don't think I'd notice the difference whether I had one or not. The bike runs sweet without it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andrewzzz

Andrewzzz Active Member

You are wrong there mate, difference is huge, well worth getting it remapped! How do you know you will not notice difference when you did not try it? :) Its like saying I don't like ice creams without trying them. ;) I felt the difference even with the map from dynojet website, even bigger difference after remap on the dyno!

14. ScottieDog

ScottieDog Active Member

Good point Andrewzzz and thanks for mentioning it, probably lack of experience on my part that makes me think I'd not notice it, but I'll take your word for it. I assumed a PCV difference would only be subtle - what are we talking about here? Improved power delivery? All round responsiveness? Because I have to admit I find the blade difficult to ride smoothly and I've just put that down to the characteristics of a litre engine! Also, are they easy to install? You've got me thinking now........

15. Andrewzzz

Andrewzzz Active Member

You will feel the difference straight from idle mate, it will idle differently, smooth as you like! Power gains in whole rev range. I'm just laughing at people who are saying that pcv is waste of money "as it runs fine without it" :), I got it as I did not want my brand new bike to run lean and after installing it I felt noticeable difference and I had a map from dynojet website, I did not expect power gain like that and when I took the bike for a spin I was like "wtf!!" different bike! Because I got ignition module as well I had to get it on the dyno as there is no universal map for ignition advance/retard. After dyno bike was just mental, difference comparing to riding 600cc for a year and then getting on 1000cc. Massive wheelies on demand, loads of torque. Dyno graph and power figure is irrelevant, the smoothness and throttle response is just great. Constant grin on your face guaranteed!
    It is easy to install, plug and play really, u need to know how to solder if you want to wire up launch control, revextend and quick shifter speed sensor. Everything else is just plugs.
    Whats your location? If u afraid to do it yourself and u not far from Billericay in Essex come over and we can do it in my garage. :)

16. ScottieDog

ScottieDog Active Member

Cheers for the offer mate and I might take you up on it. I'm only 40mins from where you are. Another example of the generosity on this forum!! I took it out yesterday and I realise that the fuelling IS all wrong! I suppose the best way to describe it is that the throttle feels like an on/off switch! The smoothness I expect from a Honda is totally absent! The options are either - plain bonkers, or not bonkers! Just need to save some pennies now, my initial hunt online suggests it's gonna set me back roughly £275 for the PCV, not sure I need all the other stuff, but if anyone knows how to get these PCVs any cheaper, I'd welcome the details. Cheers Andrewzzz, you've made me see sense!

17. Bloy182

Bloy182 Active Member

Has anyone heard of or experienced any engine problems related to incorrect mapping? Is it a myth or fact? I've got an R77 on mine, but i still use the 02 sensor and thats before the aftermarket system, so the ecu is still reading the exhaust gases and adjusting fuel mixture accordingly, why would it run lean if the 02 sensor is reading as normal ? I can understand how the PC can make the bike more powerful and smooth, but im talking about actually doing harm to the engine.

I don't know a lot about modding bikes, this is a question; not that i know it all sort of comment lol.

18. foenix

foenix Active Member

Nobody likes the high position system here ???

like my Arata or the new full system of termignoni and arrow ?

19. Bloy182

Bloy182 Active Member

i think the high position pipes look just as good, the racefit one looks awesome

20. foenix

foenix Active Member

ok ok .

but great gains with high positions without too much loud !