What new exhaust for a new blade?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Remal, Mar 20, 2011.

1. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

I'm very biased I know.............. But I've been so pleased with my RaceFit.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. Bloy182

Bloy182 Active Member

they look great, very much like a motogp bike

3. Andrewzzz

Andrewzzz Active Member

Read about lean condition and detonation. Anything from burned valves, bent rods, melted plugs or holes in the pistons can happen due to incorrect fueling.
    Stock O2 sensor is used only on idle, to pass emissions, as soon as you touch the throttle ecu goes in "closed loop" mode and gives whatever fuel it has set in the map for that rev range. When you get PCV, it will come with o2 sensor eliminator and then you can remove o2 sensor as it is not required. Lean condition happens because there is no back-pressure created bt catalytic converter. Basically all that unburnt mixture stayed in the manifold constantly with stock exhaust, decat+straight through exhaust do not have back pressure and this causes lean condition as stock map is not for this kind of exhaust. Thats why you need fueling adjusted. Map from dynojet website is good but it is optimal to be safe on all bikes not best one performance wise so it is better to remap on the dyno to enjoy it fully. Make sure you disable PAIR for mapping time as it will give false reading - good tuner will know that anyway. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andrewzzz

Andrewzzz Active Member

r77 for sale on the forum with power commander!! :)) bargain!

5. fecklessijit

fecklessijit Active Member

Arrow question

I've been pondering for a while now and I would like an arrow exhaust but I'm not bothered about an extra few bhp. I'm more interested in a nice sound and try not to make the thing choke itself.

Which pipe do I need to fit if I want a road legal arrow titanium and carbon? Does anyone know? And I believe I need a link pipe? Do I? If so how does that affect the cat? Will that Need a power commander if I take out the cat?

If anyone knows the best place to get whatever it is I need to get then let me know. I don't want to ruin the bike.

6. Obiwonkeyblokey

Obiwonkeyblokey New Member

blade2.jpg

My Yoshi, was on there when I collected it on Friday, loks and sounds lovely.

• Like Like x 1
  7. new_world99

new_world99 Active Member

Blade2.jpg

Full Akra system + custom ECU tune. BHP on back wheel went from 152 to 166.

But the real difference is in the torque - it now has a massive flat torque curve from 3000-10000rpm running at ~70Ft/lb ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Yoshi for me.
    Nice and loud.
    image.jpg

9. Zanshin

Zanshin Active Member

Ok so here goes with my 1st post as a brand new member........

I've just taken the leap and agreed a deal to trade in my beloved 600RR for it's big brother....... the Blade's a 2013 model and looks great..... well except for that slab of an exhaust!!!

As soon as it arrives (2 weeks) I want to have a replacement exhaust waiting to go on..... I've done a bit of searching and think the TM looks great but the general opinion of it is not so good.... pity the Yoshi and Akra get a lot of praise but I just can't get used to the look of the exhaust pointing out at a funny angle like they all seam too............

Now the full length Akra that foenix posted pics of (page 26) looks like a good possibility (although Id really need some sort of infill panel to get the look I really want) but I can't find anywhere to get one (the full length exhaust.. or in fact a decent infil panel).

Any advice on the Akra or any other suitable full length would be greatly appreciated.......

Oh and last .... but not least.... it's good to be here.... now just need to bike to arrive and I'll feel at home ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dorsetdave

Dorsetdave Active Member

Hi Zan,

Welcome to the Forum, if you are talking about the Termigoni I have the one fitted in the pics on here. It sounds great and has the valve and cat fitted so doesn't need a PC. I am really pleased with mine it also adds just a little more response but is not too loud. I have the baffle in but the sound doesn't alter much with it out. If you fancy getting one give me a mail and I can give you the place where I got mine and it was quite reasonable

11. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Zan if you don't mind loud look at the arrow gp, racefit or Austin racing gp

12. TeZ

TeZ New Member

13. foenix

foenix Active Member

You have to change the muffler , very very noisy.

14. Zanshin

Zanshin Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions...... think I'm going to go with a PipeWerx for now and see what I think..... ;-)

15. Zanshin

Zanshin Active Member

Bike arrived ...... pipe fitted....... not to everyone's taste but if we were al the same... nada... nada..... ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#315 Zanshin, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  16. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

17. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

ordered a Austin Racing GP2R 200mm exhaust today, pics to follow once fitted. :)

18. Dec

Dec Active Member

Get a good deal? Let us know what you think Gary and if it's OK for track days.

19. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Hi, got an ok deal £600 for gp2r with 200mm long can, came with 50mm internal baffle and metal baffle for end of exhaust, I also got the fairing infill and postage was included.

I done a track evening at Snetterton Monday, static db test was between 101/103 with both baffles fitted, the limit at snet is 102db so he let me go out but did say if I tripped the track side db it would be the end of my evening :-0

To be fair on the ride over it was the 1st time I had ridden it with the AR exhaust and its not loud IMO I have had a lot worse over the years, I have ordered a 30mm internal baffle £30 so this should defo get me on track with no dramas.

With the two baffles fitted it didn't seem to hold the bike back at all, two long straights at snet and I was seeing over 160mph.
    1st job last nite was to take end baffle out woooooooooo hooooooooooooo

20. phil clarke

phil clarke Active Member

Link pipes

Hi, did you get round to producing a link pipe for a 08+ cbr1000rr. If so can you still do them,have you any pics & what sort of price.
    Thanks.
    Phil