What new exhaust for a new blade?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Remal, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098 Active Member

Hi Russell
    Yes the Akra is probably the best on the market.
    Noticed that you are in Surrey, you can pop around to have a look at the exhaust, just send me a PM
    cheers
    Rich

2. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Cool, once it's warmed up a bit, I'll pop over for a cuppa :)

3. GARDENVAC

GARDENVAC Active Member

I have a vid of my GPR can on YOU TUBE . Type in GPR EXHAUST ON 2008 FIREBLADE. Its not great with the wee camera I,ve got ,and the sound was bouncing off my wall and the neighbours, but it might give you an idea. It comes with all the link pipes and removable baffles. Its also (ahem!) Road Legal and a certificate comes with the can to prove that. Only cost me £269, but that was two seasons ago. Worth considering IMO

4. Givover

Givover God Like

[​IMG][/IMG]

Spotted this today on an 08 its a QUILL CAN. Made in the home of the pie eaters Wigan .Looks very good close up.

5. MrB

MrB God Like

Looking for a bit of advise please, think I know the answer but looking for some real experience.

Had a quick scan through all 16 pages.

I am looking to fit a complete Akra race system to my Blade when it arrives. Only reason is because from what I can work out the end can on the race system is slightly smaller than the Akra slip-on ? I believe the the power/torque charts for both options are very similar with about a 5hp increase.

What I'm wondering is will I need a PC. Appreciate it may be better with one but is it essential ? Has anyone fitted a complete system, does it turn the bike into lumpy porridge or not.

Supplied and fitted a few slip-ons but only one full system to a 2010 Blade when new and lost contact with the owner.

Thanks.

6. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I know Nutty Tart has a Akra full system fitted, she may be a good person to talk to :)

7. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Nutty has a full race BSB system. Think it's a bit different!!!:D

8. Gazza13

Gazza13 Member

I have just fitted the carbon version of this and I love it.

9. MrB

MrB God Like

Well today I've ordered an Akra race system with carbon can for the simple reason the race systems can is 50mm shorter than the slip-on.

No fueling mods are needed, fit and forget where the words from the supplier, should arrive on Monday as should the bike so will fit at PDI. Along with a Harris quick release fuel cap, R&G tail tiday and some ASV levers.

10. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

You will never forget about a full akra race system lol. there might be a slight ringing in your ears to remind you

• Like Like x 1
  11. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I am surprised no fuelling mods are needed. When my full Arata system was fitted to my 06 it takes away the catalytic converter which significantly affects air flow. I was recommended to fit a PC and have a custom map. Maybe as your model is newer it is different, but I would be surprised if that is the case. At the least I would expect that the new system would not be as effective as it could be with a PC and remap.

Arthur and Craig will no doubt be able to give a much more reliable answer than mine.

Great system to put on though, unfortunately they stopped making them for pre 08 bikes.

12. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Quick release fuel cap!!!!!!!!! Jesus only takes me about a second to open the standard one, I guess every second counts in your line of work ;)

13. MrB

MrB God Like

A PC would enhance the system further but isn't essential. Akra's web site sais that if a free flowing air filter is used in conjunction with a full system then yes a remap (PC) would be required but otherwise the system has been developed to run on a bike with factory fueling.

When I had an Akra stubby fitted to my GSXR that also removed the cat this was also fine, loud but fine as far as fueling was concered and anyway flames look good ;)

14. MrB

MrB God Like

It's black tis the only reason I like it same reason to change the levers, I'm that shallow it's all about the looks. Will look at rear sets in the future but think I need to pay for this lot first, being in the trade helps :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Would that be black flames ? wouldn't want to not match the levers and fuel cap :) I just find it interesting that the cat is removed but the stock fuelling is still OK, all credit to Akra and Mr Honda.

I agree the looks matter, but sometimes I think I take it too far, but it is all part of the fun.

• Like Like x 1
  16. yorkshiregooner

yorkshiregooner Active Member

Just arrived BSB EVO FULL ARROW RACE SYSTEM, still looks pants with standard fairings

17. STE.RR

STE.RR Active Member

gpr

Was thinking of giving one of these a try, does the bike run ok or did you need power commander etc and also i would want to fit an infill panel but not sure from the vid if the link pipe will get in the way. any info gratefully received thanks.

18. rm2092

rm2092 New Member

Here is mine, Leo Vince GP Pro Slip on also there is no popping at all and I do not have a PC3.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. GARDENVAC

GARDENVAC Active Member

The bike runs perfectly well IMO with this pipe and sounds really great on the run. Far cheaper than other makes of pipes who I think are having a laugh with their prices. No P.C. neccessary, and an easy fit.You could be taking a chance with these aftermarket infill parts whether the application is suitable with a GPR end can. I personally would,t be interested in one. I just want one of Colin,s chainguards !! Hope this helps you make a decision

20. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

great info! this is the can i,m getting and was about to post same questions. wathced your vid recently. nice sound and great looking can. hope to have it on in the next few weeks.