What you doing this Easter bank holiday weekend

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Had a day at British Super Bike School today so I will spend most of the weekend aching. Going to try and get over to Cadwell to see Tyke and Wedgie. Also finally got the annex sorted after the last tenants wrecked it and the new tenant moved in today but still a few snagging bits to do so will have to do them as well.

2. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Back off holiday 40 mile pedal this morning then back jumped on blade to loomies quick brew and back to wash car and cut grass and eat the kids Easter eggs there not happy once you start those gold bunnys I can't stop:p

3. Julian

Julian Active Member

Will be spending most of my time walking the dog i've got a young Border Collie that I just can't tire out, will try and get a few miles in on my pushbike, i commute 160 miles a week but need to do some climbing work. May squeeze in a blast out on the Blade brothers on Hol at St Austell so may pop down there on Sunday, off to Fowlers in the morning on my 2006 KTM 625 smc to see what they offer me px for a 2014 690 smcr with a stage one mod (which they claim knocks out 84bhp)

Had a trip out on the Ktm this eve down to Minehead, very busy road with double white lines 90% of the way :mad: but then i turned up through Dunster to Bampton hardly any traffic and lots of twisty bits :D although the road surface down there is absolutely diabolical at the moment, at Bampton I turned back on myself and came back over the top of Exmoor and the Quantocks to home, one of those rides where everything just flowed I even managed to get rid of my Chicken strip on the right hand side of the rear tyre and I demolished a Ducati 1098 on the twisty's which was nice :D

4. Givover

Givover God Like

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg just a note dudes there is a current police purge on the A494 Northwales looks like The Bala / to Barmouth road .
    They are targeting bikes also on The A5 in vans so take it easy .

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

180 miles from Gloucester, ross, Brecon to pontypool then chepstow via Usk. lovely day but face like a smacked child. just sunnys on so the wind blast is fun

• Like Like x 1
  6. Clarkey

Clarkey Member

No biking for me this weekend roads are going to be too busy for me, so have done a bit of maintenance cleaned my chain and cleaned my front disc bobbins
    off fri sat and sun back to work on Monday
    Got family coming round for Sunday dinner so the wife is panicking and cleaning the house

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Muppets was fun with the kids. I was knackered from being out in the kit car yesterday so now chilling

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Yesterday in Wales

9. Swiss T

Swiss T Active Member

Great Easter break for me.

Friday was a visit to the Horse & Jockey in Chorlton; spent the afternoon sat in the Sun drinking far too many pints of a beer called Lawless. Saturday was our annual visit to the garden centre (don't laugh; there is a good reason), where we have a hearty breakfast & my wife buys plants & stuff. Sunday was a family day; we had our parents & children around for dinner. Monday was great; my son & I did a 300 tour of North Wales in nice weather & little traffic considering in was a BH. We took in the Ponderossa, Bala, Barmouth, Betswy Coed, Abergele etc; it was a full day out hence the trip to the garden centre to earn brownie points.

• Like Like x 2