When is the best time to sell??

Discussion in 'Bikes For Sale' started by Hallstar, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Its nothing more than supply and demand. If you are dearer than most, then you are swimming uphill, bulk of purchasing mindset is on price. You just wait for someone that appreciates the history, condition etc, or you drop the price to compete.
    Your mindset is clear when you believe other sellers are all under pricing their bikes, so you will have a struggle on your hands with most of the market lower than you. Bottom line is that in that price range, for many people
    a couple of hundred quid either way can be a deal breaker.

But in saying all that, looking on Biketrader, there are not many out there and you are looking on the money TBH, so its either location or just lack of demand.

Good luck with it, its a nice example by the look of it.

2. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

What a lovely bike..... and i should know as i have one ! Mine is a 2002 in the Lappis Blue and Ross White, its got 5300 miles on it FSH and all the old MOT's, i have added an Ohlins rear shock and some Gilles Variobars to aid comfort and a nice comfort seat... the usual end can and power commander add to it along with a Gilles gear shift support and some Pazzo's...... what your asking for seems a fair price... but its not a bargain, and these days that appears to be what people want. I always get compliments when out and about on the bike, a lot of people who see it think its a 600cc because its so small ! Still a top bike for the money and i think they make a very sensible all round bike. Good luck pal.

3. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

It's really quite simple when it comes to selling bikes.......or anything for that matter. Forget what you think it's worth. You're not the one buying it. It's worth what someone's prepared to pay.

Try to forget the extra bits and bobs that you've spent your money on because people largely ignore them when they're buying. Certainly when I'm buying a bike I don't look for one that's dripping in aftermarket bling. I just want a nice, clean bike that's been well maintained.

Last two bikes I've sold. I made a profit on the first one of £300 after owning it for 6 months. Second one I owned for 3 years and sold it for exactly the same as I paid for it. I eBayed both bikes. Was completely honest about any faults with the bike and started the auction at £100 with no reserve. Risky, you might think, but it gets people horned up and thinking about owning your bike.

I would avoid selling either bike now. Let's face it most people don't ride their sports bikes in winter. They lock them up and get them out again in spring and not too many people want to spend thousands of pounds and then lock it up in a garage for six months.

4. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

And as others have said if you're going to eBay it, a well-written advert with plenty of information about when you last changed the oil, chain, sprockets, plugs, air filters etc etc etc speaks volumes.

I instantly ignore anything that reads like,

For sale my 2005 blade with 15000 mile on it. Its got loads of bling bits on it will embaras porches in strait lines and will do 175 on the A1 ive spent 2000 pound on rizoma bits rearsets and stuff ask any qustions you wnt