Yet another new fairings thread

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Barstewardsquad, Jul 21, 2014.

1. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Lol, I did get charged on my rear shock though :(
    Looking forward to the pictures :)

2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Well think I have won the idiot of the year award. I thought the had sent me the wrong ones as I was expecting all black and they sent me black with silver. Then checked and realised I had ordered the wrong ones. Oh well could be worse, they could be orange lol.

So far quality is ok-ish. Few spots on edges that are rough, just need to decide if it is worth hassling them about it.

The "free" tank pad is no good but luckily I got a genuine HRC from an ebay seller in jersey for under £20. Heat shield doesn't look great so ordered some thermo-tec which should be here in the week.

3. Moily

Moily Active Member

I couldn't find any all black ones at Neverland prices so went with the black with silver Honda wings running at the front of the side fairings and onto the tank cover. Is that the scheme you've ended up with?

Had a shocker today trying to fit my new rearsets (also Chinese, thanks to tom541!). Couldn't remove one of the nuts on the bike needed to hold the gear selector bracket for love nor money so have the new black pegs with the old silver shift lever and linkage! :rolleyes:

Then tried the brake side and couldn't loosen the nut attaching the rearset to the bottom of the brake cylinder bit! :(

Not holdng out much hope for replacing the fairings in a day, at this rate!!

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Get yourself some heat shield ordered and delivered before the fairings turn up. Free stuff was pretty sparse. If you are getting problems undoing bolts then put copaslip on them when you refit them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moily

Moily Active Member

Cheers, will do. How much do you think it needs?

6. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

• Like Like x 1
  7. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Just contacted the seller about some problems with the fairings. Mainly minor paint issues but the nose cowl had a snapped bit where the side fairings join it. Have only fitted the rear seat cowl and the nose cowl so far, and noticed the problem before I tried fitting it.

Pics of iffy bits here Fairings Damage Slideshow by barstewardsquad | Photobucket

8. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Well I got a £45 refund from the seller for the damage. Obviously would have preferred a "perfect" set but am happy enough with the outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Fairings are on. Not as easy as OEM obviously but simple enough. Took my time and made sure I had plenty of scrivets etc, probably spent about 12-16 hours in total removing the old fairings and fitting the new ones. Only hassle was that I didn't swap the LH Infill as I didn't want to move all the relays etc off. Didn't realise this was a problem until I fitted the new fairing and some of the location lugs didn't line up on the infill. Wasn't bad enough to make it worth while to remove it all the bits necessary to fit the new infill, but will do so next time I have the fairings off.

10. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Where's the pics??

11. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Not got here outside yet. Pics will follow :)

12. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

Guys just a word to the wise. I paid Neverland for an extra screen as the original had scuffs in it. I sent the money three months ago and the email they gave me is no longer in use. I've tried other emails which have worked and sent them the PayPal transaction ID with a promise to look into it. Since then I've heard nothing despite numerous emails. Ultimately I thought their fairings were good for the money but I couldnt any longer recommend the company in case someone was left without their goods. Essentially be very careful ordering from Neverland presently. I'll let you all know if there's any update.

13. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Well got her out today for a quick blast to Willingham Woods with the Missus on the back. Need to re-adjust the new gear selector as it is too high when going up the box, despite me measuring the position of the old one before replacing it.

Anyways here are some gratuitous pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#33 Barstewardsquad, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I was given a dark/tint screen with my order, you can have it if a 06/07 screen will fit your bike.

15. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

Thanks Barstewardsquad but mines an 05. Thanks for the offer anyway, very good of you :)

16. scooby

scooby Elite Member

they are same aren't they? 04-07

17. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I thought the screens where the same too?

18. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

Are they??

19. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Part number for an 07 according to Lings is 64250-MEL-000ZA

Partzilla say it is used 2004-2007

PM me your address if you want it. It came for free with the fairings and I haven't even tried fitting it as I used my old one, so would be nice to see it get some use.

20. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

Barstewardsquad you sir are a gentleman :) PM sent.